homeschooling and frugal living help for families
I hope you will find this post as amusing as I do. My daughter (who just got married!) posted it on my old blog, when she was probably about 12. I laugh every time I read it! The recipe is at the bottom, and these rolls really are ridiculously easy, soft, fluffy and they melt in your mouth. My family always clamors for them, and they are the first item to disappear at every meal. In fact, it is not unusual for them to disappear before the meal, ha, ha!
Anyway, here is my fabulous roll recipe, as posted by Anne at age 12. Here is Anne:
So, judging from the title, you could interpret this post a couple of different ways. You could look at it as this:
1 grassy hill
lots of kids
1. Roll down the hill!
OR you could interpret it as this:
1 hard worker
a couple of years
maybe a little extra cash (optional)
1. Work hard every business day for several years
2. Buy your Rolls-Royce! (after all, this IS a pretty nice looking car…)
I can’t think of any more ‘OR’s. Can you tell?
Wait, here’s one more.
OR you can take the title for what it really is. My Roll recipe.
2 c milk
1/2 c butter (margarine is SO gross!)
1 t salt
2 T sugar
2 T instant yeast
5 c flour
(BTW, it really really helps if you have a BOSCH)
1. Scald milk, add butter, salt and sugar, let cool.
2. Dump in mixer, (or bowl), and add the yeast and the eggs
3. Add flour and knead until dough is stretchy and doesn’t stick to your finger
4. ROLL out and form.
5. Let rise until doubled in size.
6. Bake at 350 until light brown.
7. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter
These are the rolls that I always take to anything. These are what you could call my “company rolls.”
(Betsy-Tacy fans anyone?)
So, I apologize for being misleading in the beginning of this post… wait a minute, no I don’t! I take that back. I don’t apologize. I enjoyed every minute of it!
And that is the end of Anne’s post. Thank you, Anne, for entertaining us all!