Easy, yummy, low-carb, gluten-free and nutritious, your kiddos will love these zucchini pizza roll-ups as much as you do!
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15-oz. cans Italian style diced tomatoes (or any type)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz. ricotta cheese, whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 8 oz. package sliced pepperoni
- Slice the zucchini thinly, lengthwise, using a mandolin slicer. Place the noodles on a greased baking sheet, brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until soft, pliable and mostly dry.
- While the zucchini bake, stir together ricotta, parmesan, egg, and Italian seasoning.
- Pat the zucchini slices with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Spread a tablespoon of ricotta mixture over each zucchini slice, then a tablespoon of diced tomatoes, top with pepperoni slices, then sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Roll up the zucchini slices and place them in the baking dish on end.
- Sprinkle the extra 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese over the zucchini rolls.
- Bake at 400 degrees F about 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Are you overloaded with zucchini? Do you need a few more zucchini recipes?
Zucchini Pizza Roll-Ups Cost Breakdown:
- Zucchini: FREE
- Tomatoes: $0.55
- Parmesan: $0.85
- Egg: $0.15
- Pepperoni $2.50
- Oil: $0.20
- Ricotta: $0.95
- Mozzarella: $0.70
8 servings of pizza roll-ups for $5.90; about 73 cents per serving
Save this recipe for zucchini pizza roll-ups for later!