I know this isn’t authentic curry, but my family likes it, and it’s such an easy, inexpensive dish, I thought I’d better include it in my lineup.
- 1 pound cubed chicken breast
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 T. coconut oil
- 1 large, coarsely chopped onion
- 1 T. curry powder ( I use the mild, yellow kind)
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 16 oz. package frozen vegetables (I use the mixed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- 1/2 c. sour cream
3. Oil a large, heated skillet. Over medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook, turning once or twice, until golden on both sides, about 4 minutes.
4. Add onion and curry powder to pan and cook, stirring, until onions are tender. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes and thickened. Add frozen vegetables and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes.