These zucchini fritters are a yummy way to disguise veggies to sneak them into your kiddos. Not only are they nutritious, they’re very inexpensive, especially if you grow zucchini in your garden and get it free!
If you don’t have a garden, just don’t lock your car doors at church during zucchini season, and you’ll soon have more than you can handle!
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt (for drying zucchini)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Use your food processor to grate the zucchini. Add salt and gently toss to combine; let sit for 10 minutes. Drain zucchini completely by pressing it in a colander or with a towel.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, flour, Parmesan, garlic and egg. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Scoop tablespoons of batter into the hot oil, flattening with a spatula, and cook both sides until they are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with a scoop of sour cream.
Are you overloaded with zucchini? Do you need a few more zucchini recipes?
Zucchini Fritters Cost Breakdown:
- Zucchini: FREE
- Flour: $0.10
- Parmesan: $0.85
- Oil: $0.20
- Egg: $0.15
- Spices: $0.10
dozen zucchini fritters for $1.40; under 12 cents per serving
Save this recipe for Zucchini fritters for later!